Estimated delivery time may vary due to the following:
Your shipping address.
Selected shipping carrier.
Date of confirmed payment.
Seller's processing time on item customization.
Order status can be shown at your Buyer Center.
Brake fluid detection pen is based on the change in conductivity to determine the moisture change brake fluid. It shows clearly the extent of moisture contained by the light-emitting diode, high moisture content will lead to lower boiling point, affect braking performance. Red indicates the brake fluid needs immediate replacement, green represents good condition, yellow indicates the state is acceptable but soon replaced.
What to do:
1. Turn on the brake fluid tester by pressing the button. A green light should light up. If the light does not come on, it may be time to change a battery.
2. Unscrew the lid for the brake fluid reservoir, and take off the cap for the brake fluid tester.
3. Dip the test probes into the brake fluid and the LED lights will indicate the percentage of water in the brake fluid.
4. After testing, remember to screw the lid of the brake fluid reservoir back on tightly.
5. The tester will automatically power off after 12 seconds of inactivity.
6. Staying safe and knowing that your car is in top condition is most important. Ideally, brake fluid should be checked regularly and changed every one to two years. As moisture seeps into the brake system through the brake hoses and seals the brake fluid will become contaminated and the danger of brake failure will increase. This pen-shaped brake fluid tester can easily help determine whether it's time for you to change your brake fluid.
The LED lights will indicate the percentage of water in the brake fluid:
Green/Yellow: Less than 1%
Green /Yellow/Yellow: Approx. 2%
Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red: Approx. 3% (Time to change brake fluid.)
Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red/Red: Approx. 4% (Change brake fluid immediately!)
- Replace the battery if the green LED light no longer lights up after you press the button.
- Wash the test probe with tap water after every use.
- In case of skin contact with brake fluid, thoroughly wash the affected skin or clothing with water.
- Do not expose brake fluid to the atmosphere for a long time as it is highly hygroscopic.
1 x a brake fluid tester